Social media today has become one of the biggest platforms for people to communicate with each other. It has also given us the freedom to express our opinions, likes & dislikes to the world. Out of the total time spent online, we spend about 33% on social media platforms. And one of the biggest platforms on social media is Facebook. Given below are some of the facts
The number of internet users worldwide in 2019 is 4.388 billion
The number of social media users worldwide in 2019 is 3.484 billion
Facebook has close to 2 billion active users
Coming to topic give below are the 4 tips which can effectively in Facebook used to generate the business.
1. Video Ads: Videos are very appealing. Videos are a very powerful tool to get customer attention. Rather than just getting the customer this will also give you a very important data, the time each customer spend watching your ad. If the customer had seen more than 40% of your AD, this customers would be interested in the content which can eventually be your customers.
2. Targeting: Facebook has a huge database but all this will not be relevant for your business. So the important question which the marketer should ask is who are we targeting? This is very important in order to have an effective ROI from Facebook marketing. We would call it layering. One by one we go in detail and identify our target audiences. Give below are some of the parameters which the marketers.
- Location: what is the location you are looking for?. Do you want to drive the customer of a particular location to your store?
- Gender: Are we looking for male or Female customers.
- Age Group: What are the age groups we are planning to target? Is your product relevant for all age groups?
- Interest/Hobbies: Do you want to target those customers who have specific hobbies or interests. Like Music, Fitness, Gadgets, etc
3. Types of the campaign: There are many kinds of campaigns on Facebook and each has different objectives. Hence it’s very important for the marketers to identify the AD objective. Given below are some of the forms of campaigning.
- Brand Campaigns: The objective of the campaign is to increase the awareness of your brand.
- Like Campaigns: The intention of this campaigns is to build your followings, plus if you collaborate it with your re-marketing strategies will be a super powerful formula.
- Lead Ad Campaigns: The idea of such campaigns is to get a lead. You could have an ad on FB, where the customer whoever interested in your product can fill up some basic details. If the offers are good the leads that would get generated would huge hence it is very important that the data you get integrated to the CRM system so that the same can be forwarded to the sales team to act immediately.
- Traffic campaigns: The intention of this type of AD is to drive the customers to your website.
4. Be creative: In order to be on top of the mind of a customer, it is very important to have new content at regular intervals. Just having an AD would not suffice the purpose. It should create value for customers. The important thing to understand is Facebook is a social networking site. People are not here to buy your products but for networking, hence you should have a strategy to engage the customers. Give below is one of the examples of creative AD.
Facebook is an ocean and you need to be careful of not getting drowned. Marketers need to have a clear understanding of their objective. But before that, they should have the patience to listen to customers. FB is a wonderful medium to understand consumer behavior and interest. Those brands who had effectively understood have converted that to sales and have retained their customer but still, a large set of marketers are still using this medium to just post there Ads, and the result is hardly seen on their sales. Time to re-think. Are we on the right direction?